What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use our websites and online stores. There are also cookie-like techniques that achieve the same results.
What are the other cookie techniques?
Web beacons, Local and Session Storage and SDCs are standard internet techniques that sometimes, together with cookies, allow a system to collect and then send information. Cookies and other techniques are used on all existing websites and online stores. By using cookies and other techniques, for example, we ensure that:
- Browsing the web store and websites becomes easier for you;
- You do not always receive or need to enter the same information when you visit our webshop and website;
- We can offer you special functionalities such as e.g. e wish list or your shopping cart;
- We can measure how our web store and websites are used and where we can improve them;
- We can show you ads and recommendations based on your interests;
- We can recognize which device you use when you visit us;
- We can (have) record how often an ad is shown to better tailor the ads to your needs and interests and prevent you from seeing the same ad over and over again.
What cookies do we use? In short:
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our online store and websites function correctly. For example, include functionalities such as putting an item in your shopping cart or paying for your order.
With analytical cookies, we collect statistics on how our online stores and websites are used with the help of third parties. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our websites and online stores for the benefit of our users.
We sometimes place marketing cookies on our website and online stores. Third parties can also place marketing cookies on our online store and websites. We also place marketing cookies on third-party websites. We can combine the information from these marketing cookies. We do this so that we can make you as relevant as possible offers based on your online browsing, search and buying behaviour. With these marketing cookies, we also keep track of which ads you have seen.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies ensure that CIB NL's websites and online shops function well. Consider:
- Remembering and keeping the items you add to your wish list;
- Reporting an uncompleted order so you don't lose the items in the shopping cart;
- Saved browser settings so you can view our web store optimally on your screen;
- The ability to store your login credentials so you don't have to enter it every time;
- The ability to respond to messages in our online store;
- An even load on the website so that it is easily accessible and continues to work optimally;
- Detecting possible abuse or potential problems in our online store, for example by registering consecutive failed login attempts.
We use, with the help of third parties, analytical cookies to investigate the use of shops and website visits. These statistics give us insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our online stores and websites. This allows us to continuously optimize the experience with our online shops and websites. The following data shall be stored, among other things:
- The IP address that is made anonymous;
- Technical features such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Safari, or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference, and which device you're using;
- From which page you came to the web store;
- When and how long you visit or use the online shops and websites;
- Whether you use functionalities of the website or web store. For example, creating a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases;
- Which pages you visit in our websites and online stores.
- To keep track of the number of visitors to our online stores and websites;
- To measure how long a visit lasts;
- To determine the order in which a visitor visits the different pages of our web store and websites.
For example, we use these cookies to:
- we can track which ads you've already seen;
- we can track how many times you've seen an ad;
- we can prevent you from seeing the same ad over and over again;
- we can track whether you click on the ads;
- we can track whether you place orders after you've seen or clicked on an ad;
- we can combine your online browsing, search and buying habits no matter what device you use;
- by combining these characteristics, we estimate your advertising interest and can tailor the ads we show to you in our online store and to third-party websites.
Ad networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for online retailers and advertisers. The marketing cookies of these parties make it possible that:
- we can show you third-party ads;
- our advertising partners can combine your preferences with bol.com with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for marketing purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. As the statements may change regularly, we recommend that you consult these privacy and cookie statements regularly. The following parties place cookies and/or other techniques on our online store:
If you want to turn off cookies from specific parties, you can do so via www.youronlinechoices.com.
Delete cookie history
If you have chosen 'reject marketing cookies' above, these cookies will no longer be placed from that moment on. If you also want to delete your cookie history, you can do so for the different browsers in the way below.